OptiTrack Launches Motive 3.0 Software
Re-Engineered Release Features New Solver for Faster, More Accurate Performance Capture; Deeper Integration with Movement Sciences Peripherals
Corvallis, OR – July 12, 2021 – Motion capture solutions and technology provider OptiTrack today released Motive 3.0, a rebuilt version of its intuitive software to further simplify high-quality, low latency performance capture and motion tracking. Designed for use alongside OptiTrack’s best-in-class tracking cameras and featuring a new skeletal solver, Motive 3.0 helps users navigate even the most difficult tracking situations with heavy marker occlusion, delivers precise real-time tracking, and allows users to efficiently capture accurate data and produce visually compelling CG content. Additional enhancements include tracking more than 300 rigid bodies simultaneously using active and/or passive markers, precision finger tracking with integrated Manus VR gloves, and anchor markers to aid automated calibration and comprehensive marker labeling.
"Switching to Motive 3 has been a significant step forward for us in our animation pipeline. The skinned character for previsualisation and the simplified calibration process improve the overall feel without having to relearn the software, but the real game changer for us has been the new character solver. Even with a limited amount of cameras, the output data is much cleaner. We can capture complex actions with occlusion and the characters stay coherent without losing precision, especially with multiple actors. Capture and clean-up has gotten a lot easier for us!” said Andreas Nick, Lead Animator at ASOBO Studio.
“Motive 3.0 is the culmination of years of laser-focused development, listening to our customers, and working to realize features that matter most to the OptiTrack community,” said Neil Abrew, OptiTrack Brand Manager. “With the availability of Motive 3.0 and its new Quantum Solver, OptiTrack continues to deliver unrivaled value for measurement system performance, accuracy, and affordability.”
Key Motive 3.0 features include:
- Solver with Industry-leading Accuracy and Speed: Motive 3.0’s new Quantum Solver consistently delivers high quality tracking even under the most difficult circumstances. Large numbers of rigid bodies or skeletons are tracked with extremely low latency and solved with a high degree of precision, even in challenging tracking situations with significant occlusion, resulting in less clean up and faster turnaround times.
- Passive and Active Tracking Support: Motion is tracked in real-time using either passive reflective markers or OptiTrack’s signature pulse active markers, or both simultaneously. Additionally, Motive 3.0 supports Manus gloves for enhanced tracking in performance capture and VR applications.
- Advanced Customization: A redesigned UI allows Motive 3.0 users to visualize and change hotkey and mouse assignments, making navigation between viewports extremely fast and intuitive. Motive mouse binds mimic those of the user’s favorite 3D software and can be used to fully customize workflows through Python or C# scripting.
- Digital Delsys EMG Systems Integration: Users can now integrate Delsys EMG systems via digital connection using Trigno Avanti sensors. All signals are seamlessly synchronized and recorded in Motive 3.0.
- Enhanced Movement Science Workflows: All major force plate manufacturers, including AMTI, Bertec and Kistler; and data acquisition (DAQ) devices are supported by reference clock synchronization, and the setup of eSync, force plates and DAQ devices can be done quickly and easily. Motive 3.0 also offers an extensive library of predefined markersets which have been scientifically and clinically validated for movement tracking.
Additionally, Motive 3.0 improves its innovative Continuous Calibration feature, which automatically monitors and maintains system calibration for trouble-free system operation, allowing users to focus on their work and not the tracking technology. It also easily integrates with industry-standard applications for real-time streaming, including Unreal Engine, Unity3D and MotionBuilder for performance capture and Virtual Production, and STT Insight, Visual3D and TheMotionMonitor for Human Movement studies, and supports custom interfaces created using OptiTrack’s Motive API (Motive without a UI for rigid body tracking), the free Camera SDK (direct camera control), and the NatNet SDK (network streaming).
Motive 3.0.0 Beta 1 is available now for $999 for object-only tracking; $4,999 for human tracking (up to three real-time performers/subjects) and object tracking; and $9,999 for tracking of unlimited human performer/subject counts and object tracking. For more information, visit: https://optitrack.com/software/motive
OptiTrack is the worldwide leader in 3D tracking systems through its 3D precision, low latency output, easy to use workflows, as well as a host of developer tools. Serving primary markets in drone and ground robot tracking, movement sciences, virtual production and character animation for film and games as well as virtual reality (VR) or mixed reality (XR) tracking, it remains the most widely used tracking solution on earth and is the favorite of world leading academia research and professional teams whose requirements are the most demanding in the world.